Thread: LPG Systems

LPG Systems

The van I bought for my replica project has come equiped with an LPG system. I do not intend to refit the systems so I am hoping to on sell it on Ebay or to a fellow van enthusiast. There are a couple things I need to know before listing the system. One what do you think it would be worth (the van is equiped with a 308ci engine)?
    What do people mean when they say 'the tank is in date'? I assume that because the tank is effectively a pressure vessel similar to a air receiver in a industrial compressed air system that the tank needs to be inspected similar to an air receiver every set period.

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by rallyvan View Post
    I assume that because the tank is effectively a pressure vessel similar to a air receiver in a industrial compressed air system that the tank needs to be inspected similar to an air receiver every set period.

Anthony
    Yep! It should have an inspection date stamped on it. It is a 10 year interval.
    Dont know what it is worth. It would depend on the size, date, brand, mounting location and style, condition and if someone wants one when you list it.
    I would guess a few hundred if its good.
    Chris

Just a note. the date hardly matters on a second hand system as by law it needs to be fitted or inspected by a licenced lpg fitter and a new lpg compliance plate fitted to the vehicle to be leagal. when this is done they normaly will restamp the cylinder anyway as part of the inspection. if you fit it your self its not legally fitted if the tanks in date or not.

also alot of lpg fitters wont use the second hand pipes and will insist on fitting new pipes.

the last lpg system i removed i took it to the local lpg workshop and he paid me $250 for it. easy no advetising
    1976 HJ XX7 Sandman
    Genuine VN SS manual atlas grey
    HX LE Coupe project

$250 is about top dollar and it would want to be reasonably late gas stuff to achieve that figure....

Thanks for the info. Only asked about the dating of tanks as I also have a E-Gas Falcon as a daily driver so was wondering whether this 10 year inspection was a massive drama or not. Sounds like it would be run of the mill for mechanic that holds the appropriate rego ticket.

Thread Information