Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Enhanced

New and Enhanced

I've got a couple ideas floating around to add to our site here, but most of all I would like to hear from you (all of you) on what you would like to see on our website and forums?

Just to get the idea juices flowing, would you like to have more articles? Maybe a listing of restoration and parts suppliers? Would you like to be able to customize your own forum colours instead of the orange, do you want to choose your own colour layout?

Have you seen stuff on other websites or forums that you think we could do better here.

Should we have an online trading store or anything else that is useful and also a bit of fun. We have a great core of people here, and I would love to see many many more being regular members.

Once we get some ideas, I'll have a look over them and see what I can do.

Sounds great all of the above.....on line trading between each other do you mean?

Thanks for setting all this up BTW....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by jennie285 View Post
    ....on line trading between each other do you mean?
    Whatever you can think of. But initially yes, maybe a forum section where all selling trading is done with other members... when sales are good (or bad) reputation can be given (or taken away).

Up to you what your imagination can come up with

i would love to have a medium to be able to sell on mysandman and maybe to extend further than mysandman.. don't know how though. Ebay fees are way to high and i would much rather sell to someone that isn't a pain in the bum.

Also Mysandman on I Phone would be awesome! then ill buy an i phone. lol

--- Updated ---

I'll Start Jennie
    I will swap a GTS Dash yellow needle and WORKING clock for a nice GTS Steering wheel.
    Last edited by mook; 10-01-2011 at 09:11 PM.

I would love that but I don't have a steering wheel, we need both ours :lol:

We should however have a sh..tload of extra stuff left over from vans shortly though...
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Yeah, buy & sell is a great idea, as has been mentioned. Then you would not have to be concerned about being screwed on e bay, as mook said.
    "Proud To Be An Old Fart".

You guys know there is a buy sell section on the forums, and many use it.
    What can we 'do' to make it different and better?

Remember eBay has 1,000 software engineers designing their website - mySandman still hasn't paid the fees to the last guy. :Texas:

Be specific and get your brain juices flowing, how can this site best server the Sandman community (other than updating and correcting errors on our website).

Allow people who wreck cars to post items for sale regularly....

Mauser

The other things I've seen are;
    A map with a rough location of members. While it can be nice, plenty of people also worry about the privacy issues there.

I generally found the registry that stickthis has on his hz-gts site interesting. It could be interesting to see the same with vans if their known history was also there. Same privacy issues again however.

I've also seen one where forum members could advertise their services to other members. So if you're looking for a tradie or mechanic you could look to other members.

All that said, I find this to be one of the best forums out there and is a credit to you Blocker.

Edit: Just logged into oldholden, I do like their nifty ebay scroll bar widget.
    Last edited by ambientgoat; 11-01-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Banned
    I sort of like the way it is simple and just a forum. I reckon it is the easiest to find your way around on also.
    Maybe you could have a featured van or ute or car show or similar each month.

Thread Information