Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New and Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    having enough sandmans i have purchased a drifter and sundowner to restore, finding info on these is hard and unreliable at best. a section relating to these would be helpful and interesting and probably not as involved as they had a lot less colours and trims, also id is not as involved as they have specific codes like the xx7 on the sandman
    Stripes for these. I gather they are impossible to get? hmmm. Maybe thats my next project. Have been talking about it for ages!
    Owner (Jason) - STICKTHIS Automotive Decals and Stripes

HX Sandman Panelvan. Mint Julep. Complete Factory Resto.
    HZ Sandman Ute. Saddle Tan Metallic - Customised. Galaxy Blue.
    HZ GTS. Palais White. Next Resto From 99% NOS Parts.
    HSV GTO Coupe - Highly Modified
    VR SS into a VS Supercar Castrol Perkins Ingall 1997 Tribuilte build

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    having enough sandmans i have purchased a drifter and sundowner to restore, finding info on these is hard and unreliable at best. a section relating to these would be helpful and interesting and probably not as involved as they had a lot less colours and trims, also id is not as involved as they have specific codes like the xx7 on the sandman
    Try hemi6pack.com for the Drifter. The guys over there know things about Valiants that the guys who designed them wouldn't even know. There's probably 5 or 6 guys there that have owned your van at one time or another.

P Plater

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTees View Post
    Hey Blocker
    What about an engine block register.
    People could list the blocks they have spare with date code and serial number and people could also list wanted date code and number blocks.

A VMX site I looked at a while ago has something similar that has reunited matching number engines to frames.
    Chris
    cool idea

Learner Driver
    Quote Originally Posted by stickthis View Post
    Stripes for these. I gather they are impossible to get? hmmm. Maybe thats my next project. Have been talking about it for ages!
    There's a mob in Ballarat who do the stripes for the Sundowner although I don't know how they are done. I bought a set off him last year for my replica XC.

Before I start I just wanna say that this site is the most used web address that I have ever used. It's great and the community here are just as good and are what makes it what it is.
    I would have been fukt without it.

Suggestions though are

iPhone app - I'd pay for one and it could help raise a little cash for more development.

Develop gallery into a bit more of a blogging utility.

A register of everones sandman under different models. I love looking at the pics and if we all had a blog of details about our cars with pics etc it would be great to have and use.

Said it before but t-shirts n promo gear. Xmas pressies birthday gifts etc. My family would be sorted. Would help raise funds for site as well.

Guests should have to register before being allowed to view. My opinion only.

--- Updated ---

One last thing.

Having said all this if you don't change a thing I'm still happy and can't get enough of it.

Van on

Thread Information