Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New and Enhanced

I really like the map suggestion, a services directory maybe? what if it was divided up into State and categories?

If I developed an iPhone(y) app what would it do? No point having an app that's just a copy of the website?

Banned
    There is nothing iphone(y) about them! Just makes a short cut on the screen to go to mysandman. Makes us iphone legends even cooler.

I reckon pics of the various coloured vans and utes. I think between us all we would have enough pics to almost have all the colours covered.

Something where you click the colour name or code and see a ute or van in the flesh. Nothing beats seeing the colour on the actual car to get an idea of its looks.

This Torana site has something sinilar: http://www.holdentorana.com/paint.html but I'm sure andrew could do a better job

Something similar for trim as well would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by HZSandman View Post
    I reckon pics of the various coloured vans and utes. I think between us all we would have enough pics to almost have all the colours covered.

Something where you click the colour name or code and see a ute or van in the flesh. Nothing beats seeing the colour on the actual car to get an idea of its looks.

This Torana site has something sinilar: http://www.holdentorana.com/paint.html but I'm sure andrew could do a better job

Something similar for trim as well would be cool.
    That sounds awesome. I second that!

I would like to see a review section in the forum for products like repo parts etc.
    It seems like a lot of this stuff is far from correct or just plain crap. You really need to pay for it and get it home before you realise how bad it is.
    Perhaps a standard set of comparative ratings to help cover all aspects.
    ie
    Overall appearance/useability once installed ~ 1-10
    Fit ~ 1-10
    colour match ~ 1-10
    Texture match ~ 1-10
    reproduction accuracy ~1-10
    base material quality ~ 1-10
    etc
    etc
    And a general description and photos.

At least we can then make an informed decision if we will buy repo, resore existing stuff or hold out and pay for NOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Blocker View Post

If I developed an iPhone(y) app what would it do?

The question here would be "What wouldn't it do?"

Sandman ID feature. Enter in tag details and check boxes for body identifiers (door switches, headlining etc) The app then comes back with a definite Yes, definite No or Maybe.

HQ-WB colour and trim codes, possibly with photo examples. MrJones? on old holden has a pretty good photo collection. Enter the code, app tells you colour name, models it was available on etc. Take a photo of a colour on a car and app gives you the paint code and name

Link to search for "Sandman" on ebay.

Direct upload of photo's from the phone into MySandman.com photo gallery.

Probably a shitload of work, and given that we've seen a photo of your wife we could understand that a computer screen may not be the most alluring object to take up your free time..

If anybody has the time and wants to put their collection of Sandman photos on a CD I'd appreciate it - so would everyone here.

I will collate and resize them into a standard set for display.

Just PM me your offer to do this and I'll send you my postal address.

You already have all mine. I don't think I could add too many more to what I have sent you.

with the app thing,

you could use it to take a photo of the tags, engine number, chassis no. then fill in details over the top (like some of the photo booth apps)

This could actually act as a holden car identifier app as well...
    Last edited by mook; 12-01-2011 at 07:10 PM.

Hey Blocker
    What about an engine block register.
    People could list the blocks they have spare with date code and serial number and people could also list wanted date code and number blocks.

A VMX site I looked at a while ago has something similar that has reunited matching number engines to frames.
    Chris

a store would be great. and with Vbulletin you should be able to find a mod that you can install onto the site with ease. i used to run a forum that had that kind of stuff. it was good and pretty easy to install those kinds of mods. If you need any help i used to be able to code stuff here and there so let me know

Thread Information