Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamish's Hz sandman

get your self a gregorys/max ellerys manual I prefure the gregorys. the basics of remove + install and tools requred are in there. after you've owned the van for a year or two you'll prob never look at the book again but its worth having one.
    1976 HJ XX7 Sandman
    Genuine VN SS manual atlas grey
    HX LE Coupe project

Banned
    If you can put a spanner on a nut without burring it up and can tell if the bolts are imperial and not metric then you can rebuild a Holden commercial vehicle. They are easy if you take your time and get on here and ask a question if you have any dramas. Use the book like razsandman says. Problems with heater controlls are probably the hardest to work on to start with as it usually means a bit of dash disasembly. Just remember that if this farmer can do it so can you.

cheers guys think il give it ago and if i get stuck il post on here
    plus i got a few mates that have worked on old holdens before so will see how things go
    just awaiting on a few parts atm
    anyways more pics
    heres a few more interior pics

few progress pics,off with the old exhaust ,on with the new,was 1 of the first things i got done

and made a small vid (this was after the new heads were put on)
    http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=100_0486.mp4
    more progress pics to come

Quote Originally Posted by hamish2 View Post

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!

can't go past the crushed velvet.

fresh greece to front uni good maintence
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Quote Originally Posted by HZSandman View Post
    can't go past the crushed velvet.
    noob question,you reckon that came standard or was put in?

more progress pics
    just about everything in the front end was replaced,bush's,wheel beerings,cv joints,front shocks,the rotors and pads were done later on havnt got any progress pics

the old rts shocks were still there,had to go,so out with the old in with the new

as i said before previous in my post the car was running on 5 cylinders,so got some second hand 253 heads sent away and put them in,i had the fun on removeing the heads myself,was lots of fun

the new heads(well almost new)

these were the old heads,few of the cylinders were burnt out,was cracked in a few places

all back together,changed plugs and leads and a few other things

while other parts were waiting to arive ,started fixeing up the interior
    the center console was bit mangled
    so took it out,cleaned it up and replaced a few of the missing bolts and bolted it back in

decided to keep the woodgrain pattern on,plus didnt want to wreck the original console
    the front seats were taken out and fixed up as well as were broken on the sides missing bolts aswell

Last edited by HAMISH2; 23-12-2010 at 02:25 PM.

as for the back
    took out the old destroyed speakers,and ripped out all the dodgy wireing
    vacumed it all out,got measurements for the sides and arch way so i can get the interior done panels redone later on,and replaced the old carpet that was torn and faded

and thats it for now
    atm waiting on the wireing on the front lights
    installing the indicator leaver
    new heater/dimister cable waiting on the wreckers to get it out for me
    locking for the back door,the bars are on order atm from rare spares
    and hopefully that'll be it till it goes into the panel beaters which will be in january,hopefully!
    so yeah im hopeing once its licenced and painted will start working on the interior in the back and swapping over my 5 grand sound system from my other car,then sussing out a 308 down the track and maybe rebuilding that,all time and money atm,but il keep you all updated

Update 2011 march

Hey guys,finnally got my sandy back from the panel beaters,has been there since mid january
    just a few progress pics i took last month
    kinda sucks when a panel beater points out more rust to get done lol but most of the anoyying panel work is done 2 more monthes till it goes back in to get fully primed up and the front windscreen bits done,got a new tailgate on order atm,finnaly finishing a few bits to get it licenced

was very happy with the end result,still alot more work to do,because the panel beaters is booked up atm,will be hopefully working on a few other things
    will try to keep every1 updated

Thread Information