Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamish's Hz sandman

Super van find there.

Yellow for mine though. Great colour Can see it through the other paint in the pic where it is on the hoist. But go with your heart.

Agro, Still have not seen a black Sandman in the flesh.

Should be great when its all done! At least you can drive it. I have been though 6 cars in total to get select parts for my van, non of them have been running. all projects that have been abandoned or wrecks too good to crush. Don't get too phased by the build taking longer than you think, as they always do. My van is a WB being mocked up as an HSomething, with a few frilly bits. So if you aren't worried about original, paint it whatever you like and enjoy it. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by agr071 View Post
    Will look good when finished.
    What happened to the L\H front rim that you had on it in the first pic??

Also there is a Tuxedo black van over here that has been painted orange, so do whatever colour you want.
    the rim was a spare,the centerline rim was in the back of the car with a popped tyre when i got it

and cheers guys always loved the colour windsor blue,might post a few progress pics up,is it ok to post vids up in your own threads?
    also noob question,was there only a few thousand or so hz's made,is there a build number on the plates anywhere?

Sandman Guru
    Huge amount of HZ's made, HQ's are the rare ones. Sandman was just a vehicle package like Vacationer so nothing special, and thus no build numbers anywhere. GMH didn't put build numbers on their special cars like XU-1 and L34, so a commercial vehicle had no chance!

well i have a rare ish HJ black sandman. as you can see by my profile pic i painted it green and it has a injected 5L in. at the end of the day its only paint can be changed and a engine is only bolted in LOL
    1976 HJ XX7 Sandman
    Genuine VN SS manual atlas grey
    HX LE Coupe project

Sandman Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMISH2 View Post
    i have the orignal manual book for it that shows where it was purchased il have a look tomorow and find some more details
    hope the pics help
    Hamish

Can you send me a scan of the owner's manual? So I can pick up sale date, dealer code etc.

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Hamish

Can you send me a scan of the owner's manual? So I can pick up sale date, dealer code etc.
    i dont have a scanner bud,il go grab it and write down the details

Quote Originally Posted by HK1837 View Post
    Hamish

hey mate i dont know if this helps
    reg no LO-124
    VIN number 939540
    ENGINE NUMBER QT 883101
    DATE OF ACQUISITION 23RD NOVEMBER 1977
    JOHN FARR MOTORS
    61 WATSON STREET
    MOLONG 8866
    NSW

ok now this is what i need help from other members if some of you could point me in the write direction if there is any how to do's on the forum
    and if the mods ask im searching atm but with not much luck
    this is the inspection list,it was bigger before but most of the easy stuff is done
    PITS LIST:
    INDICATOR DIP SWITCH LEAVER REPLACE (ive got the leaver now to install it)
    HEATER/DIMISTER-TO OPERATE (think its the cable,trying to suss out wreckers atm)
    REAR DOOR TO OPERATE (chaseing down parts through rare spares,but wouldnt know how to fit)
    CONNECT ALL ADR INCLUDEING CLOSED VENT AIR CLEANER (is there any other air cleaner i could use that would fit a rochester carby that is ADR aproved?)
    CORRECTION/RUST STEEL PLATE AND WELD ALL RUST (panel beaters is sorting that out)

Quote Originally Posted by HAMISH2 View Post
    hey mate i dont know if this helps
    reg no LO-124
    VIN number 939540
    ENGINE NUMBER QT 883101DATE OF ACQUISITION 23RD NOVEMBER 1977
    JOHN FARR MOTORS
    61 WATSON STREET
    MOLONG 8866
    NSW
    one
    Molong is a small town about a 40min drive from Parkes where we live, that dealer, I expect it is closed like most small GMH dealers, interesting though
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Sandman Guru
    Cool, i'll add most of that to the database.

Thread Information