Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamish's Hz sandman

Even if you think (or know) that they handle better at standard height. Which is extremely debatable. They look way better lowered and lose that horrid 4x4 overlander look.
    As they do with wider wheels and other subtle touches. I'd be bringing the arse end down some also.

Good luck with that front spoiler though! LOL

Sandman Guru
    ^^Personal preference! I reckon they look silly lowered! But each to their own. There is no way a HZ drives better lowered than it does at close to original ride height though, all other things equal. GMH purposely made the HQ handle bad, but the HZ they got as good as you could given the basic design. Lowering it might improve some aspects of handling, ride & steering but compromises others.

So the man has a great looking van, he's down the beach, there is a lady in the back and he's clearly living the dream.

Here we are arguing about ride height and incorrect bumpers, those old van owners of the 70s would not be proud at all!

Love your van hamish bar the rear bumper but hey mine had one to until i went back to bumperettes

Quote Originally Posted by ambientgoat View Post
    Here we are arguing about ride height and incorrect bumpers, those old van owners of the 70s would not be proud at all!
    Not arguing, discussing. I see too many one point of view posts on this forum. Don't want personalisation to fall to peer pressure!
    That just isn't in the spirit of true '70's Vanning.

Regards, Smooth

okayyyyyyyyyyyyyy,before i go on,my van will have bumperetes when i find some lol
    so im sorry i have a wagon bumper it came with the car so give me a break haha
    okay moveing on,i have way too many progress pics to post so im going to jump ahead abit
    in august started drawing up some ideas and planned what i wanted done,decided wanted to recreate the original panels in the back change things abit,includeing the archway itself,found some pics of some vans with some wall lights,went to bunnings and found some wall lights to put in and wanted a tv to mount in the wall where the bar will eventualy go
    100_2806_zps243ea7d3.jpg
    100_2808_zps417a769f.jpg
    100_2823_zps5df291a6.jpg
    100_2827_zps46f68975.jpg
    100_2837_zpsa10f8468.jpg
    the matt was made as temporary as i wanted to get a bench seat built later on
    100_2846-Copy_zps18d5f632.jpg
    next step was to start on getting the bar built this was half way through september
    more pics up soon

took 2 days to put this together,i had the fun of designing it myself,had an 3d designer go over my designs so i had some designs to give to my cabinet maker,had to make a few last minute changes but pulled it off,had a mate who manages a glass windows install that cut me some glass for the doors to the cabinet and a mirror shelf
    100_2876_zps966100b9.jpg
    100_2853_zpsd2b9ffc4.jpg
    100_2867_zps6eb3252d.jpg
    100_2861_zpse3ce7d9a.jpg
    100_2880_zps5109727f.jpg
    100_2897_zps314ff86a.jpg
    100_2889_zps723a944c.jpg
    100_2900_zpsada341ea.jpg
    100_2909_zps860a7bcf.jpg
    more pics soon

Flamenco_not_Flamingo
    very nice panno mate, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Innuendo View Post
    Not arguing, discussing. I see too many one point of view posts on this forum. Don't want personalisation to fall to peer pressure!
    That just isn't in the spirit of true '70's Vanning.

Regards, Smooth
    You've changed your tune since you got here with your own myopic point of view. Interesting you're doing everything you can to wind Byron up.....

I called you a sciolist previously - that still stands. For the rest of you that is a person who pretends to be knowledgeable etc to elicit certain reactions out of people.

These days it is called don't feed the trolls....

Back on track... Hamish, love what you've done with your van, though maybe that cabinet is a bit big (losing too much shag room...). Not a huge fan of full length rear bumpers but this one certainly suits yours.

Dave.
    Nunc est bibendum...

Van looks great. I love how youre doin it with the seventies mentality. Gunna be great. Dont know about the cabinet though. Its a bit big and doenst really suit.. Personally I would cut it down a little and make it look a bit more moulded to the wall. But thats just me. Top job all round though and dont worry about the bumpers. Have them how you like.

Thread Information