Thread: Deadset Twits............

Deadset Twits............

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-HX-Pan...mZ330411011053

Geez, everyone is whinging and bitching about the ridiculous prices people are asking for rusted out crap but these same twits go and tell the owners of these rusted out heaps that they have something special or rare.

I got my Sandman from Ebay for a good price because the owner didn't know it was a Sandman and no twits told him it was. Thank god I bought it a couple of years ago before the expert Sandman twits came out of the woodwork.

I was watchiing this one as it is 15min from my place and has windowless side panels and some worthwhile parts..... parts are all it's good for and the $1500 start price is top dollar for the car without tools going and telling him it is a confirmed Sandman.

Why do I call them Twits??????? Lets look at the email and Q & A's.

Dear mygrandmadied,

Hi again, yes tags tell the story of what you have and here are what I can tell you. Body No: HX8WM70 Sandman P/Van (note Kingswood P/van HX8WN70) Eng 253HC(4.2), Trans M20 Aussie 4spd Std ratio, Diff Ratio 3.55:1 Salisbury, Paint color is Jade Metallic Green with DX5 Sandman Stripe, White Needle Gauges, Adelaide Built, 1899-60A Chamios Trim Color only on Sandman not Kingswood, I hope this helps as I would like for you not to be fooled by anyone telling you that all you have is a Kingswood and not a Sandman in which you have. Cheers

- fastgetz
    Fastgetz is an expert twit.......
    HX8WM70 does not mean it is a Sandman P/Van
    Jade Green metallic did not have DX5 decals
    60A Chamois trim is not Sandman only and was available on all models including Statesman.

Q: Hi, just checked out your van and would like to tell you that it is a Genuine Sandman and not a Kingswood, you should either relist with corrections or add to description. Cheers
    A: Hi, how do you know its a sandman, Tags do they hold information? Thanks
    I'd also like to know how he can say it is a genuine Sandman?????

Q: Information from a gmh book that i have say that on the vin tag N70 is a kingswood van and M70 is a sandman van. Hope this helps.
    A: Thank you we didn't know.
    Having a GMH book is useless if you can't READ..... Where in the GMH book does it say that M70 means Sandman ..... M70 is the model code for a Holden panelvan.

Q: Yep it's genuine, you could try www.mysandman.com.au for identification details. Cheers.
    A: Hi thank you very much for that. Emma
    Another ill informed expert ....... obviously hasn't properly read all of mysandman or simply doesn't understand what he is reading.

The car is "most probably" a Sandman but there is nothing on the tags to prove it is one.

For crying out loud people leave the Q & A's to the people interested in bidding and keep your expert opinions to yourself.... you're either total fools or jealous because you can't afford to buy them yourselves so you goad the seller into jacking up their prices so those who can afford them end up paying a premium. I have actually seen listings ended early because of these experts and re-listed a few days later at twice the price.

People keep complaining about prices on Ebay, with crap like that above it is your own stupid fault that prices are so high..............
    Last edited by Absinth; 08-03-2010 at 01:02 AM.
    4/75 HJ XX7 Sandman Panelvan ... Persian Sand currently restoring
    7/76 HX Monaro 4dr 308 4sp... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell.. SOLD
    3/77 HX Sandman Panelvan ... Absinth Yellow and rusty as hell .. SOLD

http://www.44gpw.info/sandman-decalssmall2.jpg

LOL I'm waiting for the 'experts' to tell you that your HX is not genuine.

Err, they'd probably try and tell me mine is a New Zealand Kingswood.....

What these experts haven't told the guy is the 253 engine in the car is out of a HT-HG and the car can't be registered now-a-days with that engine in it. It also appears to have a Supra gearbox in it as the seller states it is a 5 speed.

Have a look at it....... it's knackered. Just about every panel has severe rust, it was a write off in the 90's so the chassis is stuffed and god knows what has been living in all that crap in the rear..

Deep breaths Absinth, deep breaths

:shifty::shifty::shifty:

Breathing deeply... Breathing deeply.....

Happened again..... got home tonight to find an auction I have been watching for the last eight days was ended early today with one day to go. Listed as "Holden front bucket seat covers" they were Slate black Nos Kingswood (Sandman) seat covers with a start bid of $150. I messaged the seller to ask why they were ended early as I was watching them and intended bidding...... He replied that someone messaged him saying they were genuine Monaro seat covers and reproduction ones sell for $1500 so his are worth more than that????????? So he ended the the Auction early as there were no bids but if I wanted them I could have them for $2000.

I politely informed him they were not Monaro covers they were Kingswood covers and declined the offer.

There is something seriously wrong in the head with these twits.

Very frustrating. I am also frustrated with flEbay because they relaxed their policy on removing items. It's just too easy now for a seller to pull their ad if it's not getting the attention they expected.
    However it's also the people out there who are either misinformed and thinking they are helping out a seller OR people intentionally out there stirring up trouble - ebay should get on to it and stop this practice.

Absinth, I hope you find that bargain one day... maybe try the 80's girl music section on ebay

I have had items pulled from sale even after I have bid on them as the seller has not wanted to selll at the price I had bid on them. They should not be able to do this as they are ust trying to escape the reserve price or starting price fee. I have contacted ebay several times on this and have got nowhere. On one occasion the seller pulled the item after 9 days just outside the time limit where it could not be pulled and tried to state that there was an error in the ad. Yeah right.
    Last edited by HZSandman; 09-03-2010 at 11:40 AM.

ebay used to have a policy that if bids existed and it was less than 24 hours before the end of the auction it could not be pulled.
    Now it's no policy and you can pretty much remove the ad regardless.

These "do gooders" that are so concerned that the seller doesn't get ripped off by some unscrupulous bidder???? I wonder if they walk into a car yard looking to buy say a used VY SS ute and see one down the back for $14000, would they tell the salesman...... that SS is way too cheap at that price.... they are worth at least $25000...... I'll give you $25000 for it because I'd hate to think I was getting a bargain and ripping you off.....

Back in 98 Ebay was great..... well regulated and no twats.

Thread Information