Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Coming together slowly

Quote Originally Posted by the ski man View Post
    well, the original plan was to have it on show today, but due to a couple setbacks it'll be cruising next weekend with any luck. rather than rush things to make a deadline its better to just take some time to get the details right.

Im not trying to beat anyone but it is a bit cool that two vans that rolled off the line a matter of weeks apart will be re-born in the same manner. im hoping that as per our chassis numbers mine will be done about a week after Jennie and Rods.
    Well we can assure you we won't be a week in front, (more like a month behind you) :lol: we have our seats in sydney, door trims in Melbourne, the motor hasn't even been fired up yet, the windscreen isn't in, nor are the side windows (waiting on baily channel) etc. the dash will take a bit of putting in, and we dont have a speedo yet....the diff is yet to be painted as is the upper dash, and the gearshift is still on its way, so much to do....but good things come to those who wait....

can't wait to drive down the road next to you at van nats ski Man.
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

Look forward to seeing both the ski man's and jennie's vans in restored mode. Are you rebuilding the engine ski man? Or have you already done so in the past? What colour interior will it have?

i did the engine etc before involuntarily surrendering my drivers ticket to the judge man...

i was a bit of a hoon in days past.

interior is going black, not the chocolate brown colour it should be, i spent far too long chasing black interior bits that im not giving them up for brown ones. as it is, the engine kills the factory spec resto thing so with that in mind im not fussed about the trim.

Looking Real Good... Will be good to see it finished there man!

Cheers
    Nathan

okay its 1am, the van is pretty much done from a paintwork and re-assembly standpoint. here's a pic:

still has some last minute fix's such as the window regulator that seized when fitting my drivers window grr!

bonnet goes on tomorrow but was left off for easier access to the engine bay

Looking good ski man....you will be finished before us, as we still have a lot of interior still being recovered etc. we did get the console, brake, and the piece of rubber which goes above the window painted Tan yesterday.....the bumperettes on (what a task that was for R) and the headlight surrounds which had been re-painted....we have all the dash, and the wiring to finish off, pretty much the van will be as new so much more work to do than you. our bailey chanel arrived yesterday so we can now but the windows in and the door rubbers on. Our red van however is just exterior and a bit of a tidy inside so will be far easier and quicker to do like yours....
    HZ Jasmine Yellow Windowless Sandman, now being driven everywhere and is finished!
    HZ Madeira Red Windowless sandman now Sold to Bigrob
    HX Mandarin Red Sandman Ute finished, and club registered
    1979 HZ malachite windowless van with 308 5spd, all chromed up and shiny finished and named "The Player"
    Married to RodneyHZ253

looks good such a nice yellow!
    1973 HQ with HZ front. Currently waiting for its resto.
    308 for sale too

Such a beautiful yellow ski man. Lets hope you'll be able to tell the difference between yours and Jennie's van...

Your van and my van should meet, i think they would make sexy babies LOL
    1976 HJ XX7 Sandman
    Genuine VN SS manual atlas grey
    HX LE Coupe project

Fresh pics!!

here's some shots from this afternoon, finally had a minute or two to get the camera out now that its nearly at that stage you could call finished.

Decal set goes on tomorrow so below is my xmas present without the pretty wrapping

hand made door trims, as there's a wait on dash original ones of 6 months

pretty well an entire interior, retrimmed seats, new carpet, door trims and full hoodlining, proper grains used all round, center console and lower dash to go back in after xmas

yes, my painter thought it would be nice to tidy up the rear and spray it black - grrr!

more photos to come tomorrow with a fresh set of the finest sandman decals!

Thread Information